Thông Báo

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Miss Universe National Costumes Ranked By Rewearability by Gaby Wilson 1/26/2015.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Chọn Lọc
  • Giờ
  • Show
Clear All

• Miss Universe National Costumes Ranked By Rewearability by Gaby Wilson 1/26/2015.

The national costumes of the Miss Universe pageant garner a lot of conversation for being over the top and unabashedly in
    love with a theme. But what happens to these outfits after they hit the stage? Could any of them ever be worn again?
    Or are they just casualties to history after that? We took a (semi) practical look at whether any of these costumes could be worn again.
    Miss Trinidad & Tobago:

Miss Guam :

Miss Ecuador :

Miss Czech Republic :

Comment

1. Miss Sri Lanka :

Miss Sri Lanka looks like a beautiful gift wrap bow, but unfortunately, there aren’t many places you can wear a sequin loincloth.

2. Miss El Salvador :

Or a metallic loincloth, for that matter.

3. Miss Brazil :

It’s a real shame for Miss Brazil (and all of us, really) that there aren’t more appropriate venues for the rhinestone corset + no pants look.

4. Miss Indonesia :

Miss Indonesia actually won the National Costume portion with this little number inspired by the Borobudur Temple. Since it won, you’re kind of obligated to retire it.

5. Miss Dominican Republic :

If you comment with three other places you can wear this veiled Madonna and child sitaution, I’ll consider moving this up higher in the ranking.

6. Miss Bolivia :

This might be the most ~Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show~ looking one of the bunch. That said, where you do see those looks in real life? Nowhere. Such will be the fate for Miss Bolivia’s look, as well.

7. Miss Venezuela :

You make a very striking tree, Miss Venezuela, but even if you remove all of the yellow leaves or flowers or whatever

Comment

1. Miss Turks & Caicos :

Same for Miss Turks & Caicos.

2. Miss France

1. Miss Curacao :

Your national costume is…a human liqueur bottle? Sure.

2. Miss Israel :

I realize you might think you can rewear this dress, but you’re wrong. Look at it compared to some of the bonkers other costumes that made their way to the Miss Universe stage. Miss Israel .

3. Miss Singapore :

Remove the crescent moon and splay of stars jutting out of Miss Singapore’s back. Also, those leg shields. This is now a perfectly acceptable Lady Gaga circa 2008 Halloween costume.

4. Miss Puerto Rico :

If she wanted to, Miss Puerto Rico could rewear this for her wedding. If she wanted to.

5. Miss Russia :

Here’s a more conservative bridal option from Miss Russia.

6. Miss Finland :

And a dramatic one from Miss Finland.

Comment

1. Miss Sweden :

Was gonna offer this as another conservative matrimony look, but I’m realizing it’s a little too Kirsten from the American Girls.

2. Miss Argentina :

This could be reworn by Rihanna. At Barbados’ Crop Over Festival.

3. Miss Jamaica :

At its core, without all the tiers of ruffles and feathers, this is basically fancy underwear. And fancy underwear is definitely rewearable.

4. Miss Uruguay :

Who knows if Miss Uruguay is even wearing underwear, though?

5. Miss Malaysia ;

Or how many feathered headdresses can fit in one pageant?

6. Miss Paraguay :

Here’s one peacock look.

Comment

1. Miss Mexico :

Here’s another.

2. Miss Honduras :

Pheasant feathers + mesh = human totem pole.

3. Miss Portugal :

Getty Images

Aaaaand this is basically like five feathered headdresses combined to form one outfit.

4. Miss Peru :

I imagine it’s hard to rewear a cape with a cartoon vulture, but I guess you could try.

5. Miss Myanmar :

Even more so than fancy underwear, a fancy dress (which is what this when you take away the massive archery set and various royal accessories) can be worn again.

6. Miss India :

Not only can Miss India rewear the top and skirt of this outfit, the pounds of metal dangling from her limbs are a beautiful way to add definition to her arms.

7. Miss Ireland :

This is a combative look, and frankly, Miss Ireland’s armored corset would be lower on this list if I wasn’t so afraid of her.

8. Miss China :

There is also something extremely dangerous about Miss China’s paneled skirt, but it’s for sure rewearable.

Comment

1. Miss Guyana :

It’d be a bold move to wear this skintight head-to-toe mustard jumpsuit without any of the gems and baubles, but one could do it.

2. Miss Thailand :

The biggest thing holding Miss Thailand back is thinking about how difficult it would be to go to the bathroom with all of those connected bangles and strings of beads.

3. Miss Nigeria :

This is ranked sort of low because I’m not convinced Miss Nigeria isn’t currently being attacked by her outfit.

4. Miss Spain :

For Renfaire!

5. Miss Netherlands :

For that special Van Gogh exhibit!

6. Miss Great Britain :

For One Direction concerts!

7. Miss Haiti :

I want everyone to wear this skirt. Over and over and over. Especially Katy Perry.

8. Miss Germany :

Barring she leaves the Berlin Wall cape at home (it’d make a pretty great wall tapestry?), Miss

Germany can definitely wear the photo print cityscape tea dress underneath several times (so long as there don’t end up being a million pics of her in it tagged on Facebook).

9. Miss Bulgaria :

Remove the fringed apron-looking portion, and I wouldn’t be surprised if you told me this was from J.Crew’s Resort catalog.

10. Miss Japan :

Yo, this outfit looks tough af, and would probably look even tougher when worn again with pants.

Comment

1. Miss Mauritius :

This outfit is basically an argument for primary colors and polka dots in more adult dress.

2. Miss Egypt :

Look I know much of Egypt is fetishized and reduced to cartoonish renderings, but you can’t blame me for being partial to Katy Perry’s version of the Egyptian look.

3. Miss Lithuania :

Miss Lithuania’s outfit may not do much in the way of illustrating what Lithuania’s all about, but it does look pretty enough for Taylor Swift to wear.

4. Miss Norway :

I’m pretty sure I’ve seen Lana Del Rey wearing something like this, so yea, this is rewearable.

5. Miss Chile :

Miss Chile has it all figured out: being the only Miss Universe contestant to be able to wear leggings on stage.

6. Miss St. Lucia :

Rip off the cascade of white taffeta, and this peasant top and plaid skirt look is something you’re going to be seeing a lot of this summer.

7. Miss Colombia :

She has an umbrella! #practical

8. Miss Switzerland :

Look I know I was throwing shade at Miss Israel for her very subdued costume and Miss Switzerland’s isn’t any more exciting. The reason it gets to chill up here at the top is because of how easily

9. you can alter it to have nothing to do with this pageant. Just snip off that flag, and it’s a totally normal ’90s inspired gown, and no one will remember you tried to pawn it off as your traditional national garb.
                10. Miss Australia :

Getty Images

It wouldn’t be very hard to join the two sides of that skirt curtain together into one maxi, and once you’ve done that, this is the perfect thing to wear to Coachella.

11. Miss British Virgin Islands :

Take both of your hands and hold them up to your screen with your palms facing these words. Move your hands up around Miss British Virgin Islands so you’re almost doing the Jay Z “Roc” hands

12. around her. Now you can actually see that this was just a normal dress all along but surrounded by Aladdin genie lamps. You’re welcome.
                13. Miss South Africa :

Zebra print and a bodice of intricate beadwork? Rewearable, for sure!

Comment

1. Miss Ukraine :

This is exactly in line with the kind of high-drama gothic-leaning looks we’ve been seeing on runways and red carpets for the past two or three years. It may be Miss Ukraine’s version of her country’s

2. traditional dress, but it is also very fashion forward.
                  3. Miss Guatemala :

I know I joked around about all the feathered, headdressed stuff, but if you squint at this outfit to just focus on the dress part, it’s actually v cool and v wearable.

4. Miss Lebanon :

I could live in this dress TBH. It would be a pretty cozy life.

5. Miss Canada :

This is a genius costume and as conspicuous as it is, if I owned this, I would wear it every chance I got. Perfectly self-aware and over-the-top. OMG it’s just the best.

6. Miss Korea :

This flag print is rad af and super inclusive. Plus, this angular robe-like silhouette is very big right now.

7. Miss USA :

What? This isn’t what you wear on Fourth of July?

Comment

Bác post lộn hình rùi, miss France tên Poupi mừ

Je suis comme je suis
                    Je suis faite comme ça
                    Que voulez-vous de plus?
                    Que voulez-vous de moi?

Comment

Working...
                    X